Bored in your current security position? Join the security team at Pollard Banknote in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games and digital offerings. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes.
What you will do: enforce company policies and procedures relative to the safety and security of company property and personnel. Monitor building entrances and exits as well as building grounds. Report violations, fire, accident, theft and vandalism. Assist with the various day to day security issues for the facility. What you will not do: spend all day in a chair looking at CCTV monitors.
- To secure and safeguard personnel and property through observant and visual uniform patrols.
- To facilitate, control and monitor access, and operate surveillance equipment to control entrances, exits, and survey critical areas.
- To conduct security alarm and equipment checks, emergency evacuation assists, key, locker, and parking permit control; maintain lost and found, manage identification badges, conduct escorts and control visitor sign in registers.
- To document violations of company policy, state law, safety procedures, security incidents, and medical emergencies.
- To contact emergency services for the applicable need and to notify the Security Manager on significant incidents.
- Conducts hourly patrols to determine safety, policy and security violations while acting as a visual deterrent to same.
- Maintains card reader access system to control access and detect unauthorized attempts into building and restricted areas.
- Maintains CCTV camera system to monitor critical areas and ensure recorded documentation of all areas being monitored.
- Maintains record of daily activities by generating reports and emails to pass on information.
- Reports all violations, accidents and incidents discovered with written, visual and oral documentation to the applicable members of management.
- Provides assistance to employees, customers, contractors, visitors, vendors directly and or by contacting the required parties.
- Assists with new employee, visitor, contractor, vendor orientations and authorizations while ensuring all requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) Certification, or higher learning degree is a plus for this position.
- License/Certification Required:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to be certified in Basic First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Security Experience required
- Former police, law enforcement, or military is a plus.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.