Working within our two automated print production facilities, this permanent full-time position is responsible for providing mechanical maintenance support on a variety of print production equipment and building systems to support day to day operations of the plant. This includes performing preventative maintenance tasks, diagnostic and troubleshooting services, responding to emergency breakdowns and completing accurate work order data entry/documentation. This position at times may also perform project work on an as needed basis for new installations and customizations on existing equipment to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
The position requires an individual who is able to meet the requirements for physical demanding work and be available for overtime and/or on call duty as needed. The shift available is primarily a day shift, with the need to be available for other shifts as required.
What you will do
- Ensure proper performance and operation of machinery and mechanical equipment for production
- Minimize production downtime by completing preventive maintenance inspections, planned work orders and responding to breakdowns and emergency repairs in an expedited and efficient manner
- Carry out all work in a safe and professional manner complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensure high standards of workmanship quality are delivered to prevent manufacturing equipment breakdowns
- Complete accurate documentation of repairs and maintenance performed; collect, analyze and summarize information on work orders and work requisitions
Who you are:
- A highly motivated self-starter with superb verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to prioritize, plan and organize work to manage multiple work orders to meet deadlines
- An individual who has the ability to excel within a fast-paced team environment and function effectively working independently with minimal supervision
- A responsible and highly adaptable individual to work under pressure and respond to changes
What you will need:
- Industrial Mechanic or Millwright Diploma/Certificate from a recognized technical program and/or Red Seal certification
- Minimum two years of related work experience as an Industrial Mechanic
- Experience in diagnostics, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is an asset
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings, blue prints and schematics
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.