We’re looking for a self-motivated and passionate individual to join the fast-paced environment as a Business Analyst with Pollard Banknote.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with many different internal and external teams to gather requirements and manage the effective planning and lifecycle management of digital solutions for the lottery industry.
As a Business Analyst, you will maintain product backlog, create a product roadmap, direct the project team and assist in systems analysis. Product planning responsibilities include awareness and analysis of systems and operational needs and translates them to product requirements and roadmap, and ensure the team has the tools and the expertise to deliver the product.
What you will do
- Liaise with business and development teams to facilitate the development of new products and enhance existing products
- Work with product owners and other internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and maintain the product backlog and roadmap
- Coordinate initiatives for small to medium projects, including, identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues for assigned business application systems
- Solicit goals and requirements (functional and non-functional) through interviews, workshops, and reviews of existing documentation/procedures
- Ensuring analysis is sufficiently on track and in front of development far enough to ensure the next successful iteration
- Assist in validating test plans and building test cases
- Apply an excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Scrum) to deliver functionality
- Authoring and completing refined and measurable user stories to ensure comprehension of stories by Project Team members, including the review of any applicable wireframe mockups, tasks required to complete the user story, and relevant acceptance criteria
- Provide thought leadership in business and system analysis approaches
- Participate and facilitate (as required) in product owner, sprint planning, daily scrum and retrospective meetings
What you will need to succeed
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Systems or Business Analysis in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of technology trends across the industry and best practices within the Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, inclusive of Scrum/Iterations, incremental releases, user stories, and Kanban technique
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, etc.)
- Familiarity with IT Service Management processes (change, incident, problem and service request).
- Knowledge of API services
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment and demonstrated a track record of delivering complex solutions on time and budget
- Ability to apply a high level of problem-solving skills and expertise, with keen attention to detail, to analyze and report on actions and/or solutions
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients at all levels
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of SQL, XML and JSON is considered an asset
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certificate in Agile is considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.