We’re looking for a Make Ready Technician to join our Manufacturing Team for the summer! As a Make Ready Technician, you will assist in the make ready process by maintaining equipment, supplying critical press components essential for the operation of the presses and assisting production processes related to the manufacturing of lottery tickets.
Shift : Either Sunday to Tuesday nights or Wednesday to Friday nights. Every 2nd Saturday night will be a part of either shift.
- Clean, assemble and maintain critical press components ensuring availability at the press
- Clean, maintain, repair ink management equipment (pumps, buckets, lids, drum lid lifts, ink filters, etc.)
- Act as a back-up for the Press Assistant’s during breaks and/or vacation / leave
- Crosstrain on equipment and related processes to provide relief during staffing shortages
- Keep the parts cleaning and assembly area organized
- Assist with game changeovers on the Press
- Perform work in a timely and efficient manner to meet production targets
- High School or general education degree (GED)
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in the print industry or production environment would be considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs and standing for long periods
- Ability to work accurately at a fast pace applying strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team orientated environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.