We’re looking for a driven, results-oriented Project Manager to join our growing Project Management Office for a full-time permanent position. In this role, you will be responsible for leading teams to deliver complex projects that span across one or more departments, often including external partnerships with vendors and suppliers as well as customer-facing projects.
As a Project Manager, using agile and/or traditional project management methodologies, you will be ensuring scope is documented and well understood between the project team and all stakeholders, be accountable to the project sponsor to deliver frequent status updates and all other project methodology deliverables. You will be responsible for delivering the project on time, on budget and within scope, and capturing and escalating issues, risks and decisions to ensure transparency around project health, as well as options and trade-offs for decision items.
What you will do
- Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to develop the project schedule, identify issues and risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Monitor and control project progress using various tools (burn up/down charts, velocity charts, forecasting models, updated Gantt charts, etc.) to track progress against deadlines
- Serve as the first point of escalation with project team members and works to remove blockers
- Provide regular updates on project health and status for project sponsor and stakeholders
- Collaborate with PMO to review KPIs, develop portfolio summary reports & recommendations
- Build a strong project team with clarity around roles & responsibilities, expectations and deadlines keeping project morale high
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other Project Managers or those acting in Project Manager roles
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiencies through project deliverables and collaborate with department management when opportunities or issues require attention
- Use both agile and traditional project management methodologies, depending on the project
Who you are
- Driven to form successful relationships and collaborate with all levels of the organization, and offer strong customer service approach
- Detailed oriented, organized and thrive in a self-directed environment while comfortable collaborating with other functional teams
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment and stay flexible based on the needs of the project
- Great communicator, with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively collaborate
- Embrace the process while ensuring overall quality and timely delivery are paramount
What you will need
- Degree or Diploma specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Project Management, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
- PMP or PMI-ACP/CSM designation is an asset
- Prosci or other OCM designation considered an asset
- 7+ years of progressive project management experience leading complex projects; including external customer-facing IT projects, in a cross-functional environment
- Experience managing projects using Agile methodologies (inclusive of scrum/iterations, incremental releases, user stories, Kanban techniques etc.)
- Experience working with a large group of stakeholders with varying expectations to build cohesion and agreement on decision processes throughout the project and negotiating tradeoffs for the best overall project outcomes
- Understanding of best practices of IT concepts, IT project life cycle and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency and advanced computer skills in programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio, JIRA, MS Project, Smartsheet, SharePoint, etc.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.