We are currently seeking a full time permanent Press Assistant to join our Manufacturing Team. The Press Assistant is required to work in a variety of different areas within the pressroom and on a number of different presses and equipment, as required.
Our shifts are fixed twelve-hour shifts – 7AM to 7PM or 7PM to 7AM, Sundays to Tuesdays or Wednesdays to Fridays. Availability to work and cover on other shifts, including overtime, will be a requirement.
What you will do
- Assist with safe and efficient operation of presses was assigned; includes loading and unloading rolls of paper or tickets, inspect material & print quality, monitor supplies and log production information
- Ensure production targets are met and products printed are in accordance with game specifications, quality and PBL standards
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean and organized
- Complete changeovers, minor preventative maintenance and routine repairs
- Adhere to all company’s procedures and policies with respect to operation, health & safety, and security
What you will need
- High School or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrated and proven mechanical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for long periods
- Ability to work accurately at a fast pace applying strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team orientated environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing work area
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in a production environment would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.