We are currently seeking a permanent, full time Folder Operator to join the manufacturing team with Pollard Banknote. The Folder Operator will specialize in the operation of the inline perf/die folder station supporting the Inline Press. This role ensures optimal equipment performance through proper set-up, operation and preventative maintenance of the flying splice, perforation, slitting and folding equipment to meet all production targets, quality and integrity standards.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity and requires individuals available and willing to work flexible shifts. This opportunity will be a Wednesday to Friday night shift from 7PM to 7AM. Training will be provided.
- Set-up and operate the flying splice, perforation, slitting and folding equipment to process instant tickets printed on the Inline and Comco Presses in a manner that meets production targets, maximizes uptime and minimizes waste
- Read, understand and follow detailed game specifications and ensure products are processed accordingly
- Conduct in-process testing and quality inspections, communicating print quality issues to Inline Press and Comco Operator (if relevant)
- Keep equipment and work area clean and organized
- Conduct preventative maintenance and troubleshoot perforating and folding issues
- Guide the work of an assistant as needed; effectively communicate all relevant game-status details and equipment operation details
- Adhere to all company’s established procedures and policies with respect to operation, health & safety and security
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Demonstrated and proven mechanical aptitude
- Proven ability to set up and successfully operate equipment is mandatory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team orientated environment
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize own job tasks and tasks of other employees
- Self-motivated to maintain productivity to meet firm production deadlines
- Ability to work accurately at a fast pace
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Able to independently lift and maneuver heavy loads in excess of 50 pounds
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in a production environment would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.