We are looking for a full-time permanent Security Officer to join the Corporate Security Department. Hours of work will include Saturday and/or Sundays from 5:30 am to 5:30 pm or 5:30 pm to 5:30 am and on call as required to cover vacations and/or leaves – both scheduled and not scheduled.
As a member of Corporate Security, the successful candidate will be responsible for enforcing policies and procedures relative to the safety and security of company property and personnel, monitoring building entrances and exits as well as building grounds, reporting violations, fire, accident, theft and vandalism and assisting with the various day to day security issues for the Winnipeg plant.
NOTE: Training to take place over the course of 3 – 4 weeks and will require 2 – 3 days/nights of availability each week. Ongoing availability to work casual night and weekend day/night shifts is mandatory.
What you will do
- Monitor building entrances and exits, conduct regular and lengthy security check patrols and respond to security and safety incidents
- Ensure all security processes are followed and integrity is maintained
- View and document activity of security tapes/key scans, issue daily security logs and security reports
- Respond to questions, enquires and resolve problems regarding security related issues
- Maintain employee access to security and key scan systems (i.e. issue employee badges, deactivate employee access, issue PIN numbers, etc.)
- Assist in security risk evaluations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with other staff members and ensure a safe & secure work environment
- Participate as Duty Officer and other duties as assigned
Who you are
- An individual who is always alert and aware of the surroundings.
- An effective communicator who can collaborate with multiple stakeholders
What you will need
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- Education or previous experience as a Law Enforcement or Security Officer or other related security employment is an asset
- Knowledge of CCTV, card access systems and applicable laws and regulations related to security services is an asset
- Must possess a Manitoba Security Guard License
- Must have or be able to obtain a Standard First Aid Certificate, basic CPR Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and is a highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and/or critical situations
- Customer service/team-oriented individual who is assertive, reliable and discrete with a high level of awareness
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to work 12 hours shifts, including days/nights and weekends and regularly scheduled Saturday day or night shifts
- Access to a reliable vehicle is required to be considered for this position
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.