We are currently recruiting for the positions of Finishing Worker within the Barrhead Finishing Department. Reporting to the Supervisor, Finishing, the incumbents are responsible for product handling on various production lines and monitoring product throughout all processes for conformance to high quality standards, integrity, and customer specifications.
- Work on various positions within finishing lines: feeding, gathering, banding, boxing, cartoning, and / or banking as required while constantly monitoring product quality
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures with respect to Health & Safety, Security and Operations
- Ensure necessary supplies (boxes, cartons, etc.) are prepared and ready for use when needed.
- Ensure work area is clean and organized throughout the shift
- Communicate any product or equipment related problems to the Manufacturing Operator, Lead Hand, or Supervisor.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent;
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing setting would be an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments, problem solving ;
- Demonstrated abilities to be self-motivated, work independently or as a member of a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with both co-workers and supervisor;
- Must be open to new ideas and concepts with an overall positive attitude;
- Basic computer skills;
- Must be punctual and willing to work shift work and overtime on short notice;
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs. (process line).
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with a résumé to:
Box 4057, 6203 46 St.
Barrhead, AB T7N 1A1
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.