The Process Engineering Technician will be a subject matter expert for the production equipment in the Winnipeg Finishing department and will uphold a safety-first mindset while helping manage all processing/production equipment within the department. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a preventative and predictive maintenance program to improve the performance of production equipment and requires the incumbent to lead all aspects of equipment processes including appearance, operation, maintenance, inspections, repairs, rebuilds, and upgrades. This position will work closely with production workers, Operators, Maintenance and Engineering staff and interact with internal and external Technical staff to achieve departmental goals and efficiencies.
What you will do
- Improves manufacturing efficiencies by analyzing procedures, work process, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by conducting process capabilities studies, establishing standards and confirming or modifying manufacturing processes.
- Establishes or improves the design, development, construction and operation of industrial processes for the production of a diverse range of finishing processes, including new processes and equipment.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing proposals and plans.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and controlling project plan by reviewing design, specifications and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Assist in the development/modification of departmental technical guidelines, standards, and specifications within the area of your specialty and scope of the role.
- Help develop Standards and Standard Routines for all processing equipment and facilitate training of all supervisors, operators, and others to run and maintain the machines efficiently and effectively.
- Lead and Support repairs and rebuilds of existing equipment and coordinate work of outside contractors and suppliers as it relates to the equipment in Winnipeg.
- Coach and assist all Canadian Finishing departments to adhere to standards and institute proper and effective Preventative Maintenance programs for Finishing equipment.
Who you are
- A highly motivated self-starter with superb verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to prioritize, plan and organize work
- An individual who has the ability to excel within a fast-paced team environment and function effectively working independently with minimal supervision
- A responsible and highly adaptable individual to work under pressure and respond to changes
What you will need
- Degree in engineering or an Engineering technologist/technician diploma, from an accredited college/university or a suitable combination of education and experience
- LOTO or must be willing and able to attain
- Red Seal Electrician on Limited M – T license is an asset
- 2 years technical experience working with multiple types of processing/production equipment and systems in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical analysis
- Industrial equipment electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to understand processes for identifying root cause of problems through analysis
- Engineering project management or coordination experience
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.