We’re looking for an individual with high attention to detail and advanced writing skills to join our Proofreading Team as a Proofreader. Reporting to the Manager, Creative Art Services this role will be responsible for the various stages of the lottery ticket design to ensure designs and production requirements have been created and executed accurately. This role will play a key role in ensuring spelling and grammar are correct, all design elements are present as per customer specifications and that all required revisions requested throughout the design process have been completed correctly.
What you will do
- Reviewing composite artwork provided by creative and technical art teams.
- Maintaining accuracy of work and preventing errors from inhibiting precision quality in PBL’s printed products.
- Proofreading production files or job tickets, text, artwork, contract proofs and all-up press layouts for lottery ticket design, ensuring the specifications are met without discrepancies.
- Monitoring the production schedule and ensuring that work is prioritized to meet deadlines.
Who you are
- A highly organized individual with keen attention to detail
- An individual with superior verbal, written communication & grammatical skills
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- An individual with the ability to prioritize and manage projects in a fast-paced environment
What you will need
- Post-Secondary education; degree in languages, diploma or certificate or Graphic and Print Technician would be an asset
- 1+ years’ experience working in proofreading or in pre-press production environment is preferred
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Advanced writing skills: grammar, spelling, etc.
- High proficiency using the MS Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of the French language & Graphic Design theory is considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.