Looking for more of a challenge in your security position? Pollard Banknote, a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, is looking for an experienced security officer. We are located locally in Ypsilanti, Michigan. We offer excellent benefits. You can find out more about our company by visiting our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
This position will enforce company policies and procedures relative to the safety and security of company property and personnel. Monitor building entrances and exits as well as building grounds. Report violations, fire, accident, theft and vandalism. Assist with the various day to day security issues for the facility. We are hiring for a M-F split shift, 6:00-9:00am and 6:00-9:00pm. There will be opportunity to pick up additional hours.
- Conduct Covid screenings at the door (ask questions, take temperatures, hand out masks).
- Secure and safeguard personnel and property through observant and visual uniform patrols.
- Facilitate, control and monitor access, and operate surveillance equipment to control entrances, exits, and survey critical areas.
- Conduct security alarm and equipment checks, emergency evacuation assists, key, locker, and parking permit control; maintain lost and found, manage identification badges, conduct escorts and control visitor sign in registers.
- Document violations of company policy, state law, safety procedures, security incidents, and medical emergencies.
- Contact emergency services for the applicable need and to notify the Security Manager on significant incidents.
- Conduct hourly patrols to determine safety, policy and security violations while acting as a visual deterrent to same.
- Maintain card reader access system to control access and detect unauthorized attempts into building and restricted areas.
- Maintain CCTV camera system to monitor critical areas and ensure recorded documentation of all areas being monitored.
- Maintain records of daily activities by generating reports and emails to pass on information.
- Report all violations, accidents and incidents discovered with written, visual and oral documentation to the applicable members of management.
- Provide assistance to employees, customers, contractors, visitors, vendors directly and or by contacting the required parties.
- Assist with new employee, visitor, contractor, vendor orientations and authorizations while ensuring all requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to be certified in Basic First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Security Experience required
- Former police, law enforcement, or military is a plus.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.