We are looking for hands-on, driven individual to join our fast-paced environment as an Application Developer. The ideal candidate is relentless and will play a key role in driving the implementation of innovative digital solutions. Reporting to the Manager, Application Development, this role will be responsible for designing, developing and testing digital software applications which includes HTML5 games, chat bots, mobile applications, websites, online lucky drawings and other new innovative products.
What you will do
- Active involvement in analyzing, architecting, and developing new software solutions for our clients
- Consult with clients concerning software requirements, creating new programs, and testing newly installed programs to verify functionality
- Deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all business and customer requirements
- Manage and execute project development plans while meeting or exceeding sprint and milestone targets
- Support existing/new innovations in accordance with established practices and policies
- Promote the use of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Collaborate with different departments to be in sync for the on-going projects and any new projects coming.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high priority tasks
- A continuous learner who always pursues to learn best practices and apply in day to day work.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues
What you will need
- Working knowledge of Web, iOS and/or Android development and related frameworks
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset
- Experience with DevOps practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and technologies such as Jenkins is considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.