We’re looking for an outgoing, detail-oriented Assistant Controller to join Pollard’s finance team! Reporting to the Controller, this full time, permanent position will support a growing and dynamic organization in the Lottery and Gaming industry. In this role, you will assist the Controller in preparing the monthly reporting packages, help manage the day to day activities of the accounting department, assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and various projects.
What you will do
- Prepare and manage the monthly and quarterly internal reporting.
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets.
- Assist the Controller in overseeing the operations of the accounting department.
- Provide leadership and change management expertise for the optimal running of the accounting department.
- Assist in maintaining, managing and identifying improvements in internal controls and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, including the external auditors.
- Coordinate audit requirements including year-end working papers.
- Maintain, analyze and improve our base financial information.
- Manage ERP upgrades, development and user testing, while recommending new changes where necessary.
Who you are
- A top performer who possesses excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and external stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- A highly adaptable, analytical and process-orientated individual with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Someone who is organized, self-motivated, and possesses strong time management skills.
What you will need
- CPA or legacy designation required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience reporting to senior management in an accounting or finance role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills specifically Excel.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.