We’re looking for a forward thinking, results-oriented HR Professional to join our Ypsilanti Michigan team! In this role, you will support the management and delivery of essential Human Resources functions and be the front-line contact to our employees, supervisors and managers. The primary focus of this role will be talent acquisition and employee relations, however, you will gain exposure to all other facets of HR, including but not limited to, labor relations, benefits and leave administration, performance management, and policy/procedure administration.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for union and non-union positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire onboarding/orientation and employee recognition & engagement programs, including communication, planning and coordinating of these initiatives.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits and leave; compensation; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Enters information into the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and other databases.
- Maintains and updates company organization chart.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- 3+ years of human resource experience required (heavily focused in the areas of recruitment & employee relations)
- Broad and considerable recruitment experience, from entry level to professional/management positions
- HR Certification a plus, PHR or SHRM-CP
- Positive, service-oriented demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, in addition to exposure using various HRIS systems
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- May have light business travel requirements
What you get:
- Hybrid working schedule
- Company provided laptop
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Pension Plan plus 401k retirement savings with company contributions
- Paid vacation, personal time, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for career development
- Business casual dress
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.