We are looking for a smart, dedicated and driven individual to join our Lottery Management Services Team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who has the passion to lead, manage and develop business to business software applications which includes logistics, retailer management, sales force automation, data warehousing and analytics and other new innovative products. Reporting to the Director Enterprise IT Application, this role will be responsible for leading a group of developers, providing direction for application architecture design, and overseeing projects through all phases of product development.
What you will do
- Collaborate, mentor, and motivate team members to achieve their full potential and deliver exceptional products and solutions to Lottery partners.
- Provide work estimates, manage team schedule and project backlog to improve the organizational visibility into the work being performed.
- Liaise with the internal business teams and the customers to translate business objectives into technical requirements.
- Play a key role in creating and delivering fully functional and tested software solutions and bring them to market.
- Collaborate with internal technology stakeholders (IT Ops, DevOps, Security, QA, and Architecture) in the development of applications.
- Drive department continuous improvement, standardization and process initiatives.
- Oversee the operations and support for products after launch.
- Understand the corporate vision for business to business applications and set appropriate goals and objectives for the development team.
Who you are
- A natural born leader with the ability to coach, mentor and support high team morale.
- An analytical leader who applies strong attention to detail to work for accuracy.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers.
- An organized, self-motivated individual who can complete high priority tasks and deliver projects on time.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues.
What you will need
- A background in Information Technology, Application Development or other relevant area.
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to take the initiative and delegate accordingly.
- Ability to manage projects, handle multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities with agility.
- Comfortability navigating ambiguity and facilitating discussion to solve complex problems.
- Working knowledge of Web, REST API’s, Agile Scrum Methodology, AWS Cloud Infrastructure, and Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira).
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.