We’re looking for an enthusiastic Business Intelligence Analyst that is highly analytical, has keen attention to detail, exceptional problem-solving skills and enjoys financial modelling. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Pricing & Business Analytics this new role will be responsible for gathering and synthesizing available qualitative and quantitative information and highlighting relevant insights to support both strategic and tactical business decisions across Pollard Banknote’s operating companies.
What you will do
- Lead analytical initiatives, projects and deliverables as they relate to all aspects of the Lottery industry, including our growing emphasis on a variety of digital solutions.
- Create detailed written summaries and analytical models that utilize and list all assumptions.
- Respond to formal requests for proposals with a focus on analytics, financial modelling, pricing, and develop client-facing communication.
- Create, maintain, and monitor financial models and tools designed to measure operational performance.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business opportunities and propose analytics-based solutions to business challenges, often working and collaborating closely with both team members within Business Development as well as other teams across the organization.
- Prepare, validate, and reconcile data from internal and external Lottery sources, including extraction of meaningful insights to aid in management’s decision-making processes.
- Perform scenario/sensitivity testing of competitor data and market intelligence, present findings to various stakeholders in both written and oral formats.
- Develop, edit, finalize and enhance reports, presentations, and other documents as requested, including proofreading and providing format and content review.
- Communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to translate complex concepts into actionable insights.
- Monitor business performance and recommend analysis to support Business Development in an effort to be proactive for future projects.
Who you are
- A top performer who possesses excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work autonomously and with the team, senior management, and external stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- A highly adaptable, analytical and process-orientated individual with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Someone who is exceptionally organized, self-motivated, and possesses strong time management skills.
What you will need
- Post-secondary degree or a commensurate amount of experience in at least one related field of study (i.e. accounting, financial analysis, statistics & math, economics,) and at least 5 years’ experience in Business Intelligence Analyst function.
- Able to work under tight deadlines both as a team player and autonomously.
- Highly analytical, self-motivated, results-driven with a passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other BI tools.
- Advanced MS Office skills inclusive of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong communications skills across all levels of the business.
- Experience with creating business requirement documents through thorough analysis.
- Experience in a SharePoint environment is preferred but not required.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.