We are looking for hands-on, driven individual to join our fast-paced environment as a Senior Software Developer within the Lottery Management Services Department. The ideal candidate is relentless and will play a key role in driving the implementation of innovative digital solutions. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise IT Applications this role will be responsible for designing, developing and testing software applications which includes responsive web applications in support of the lottery industry.
What you will do
- Work with our Scrum Master and Product Owners to manage the development backlog, develop estimates, participate in Sprint ceremonies, and assist with Agile planning practices.
- Collaborate with the team to design, build, test, and deploy high-quality software to Pollard’s customers.
- Meet development targets ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Provide technical problem solving / technical analysis skills to the team.
- Support existing/new innovations in accordance to established practices and policies.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team.
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high priority tasks.
- An effective decision-maker with the ability to mentor developers to achieve goals through clear instruction.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues.
What you will need
- Proficiency with databases like MySQL and experience with SQL.
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset.
- Experience with DevOps practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and technologies such as Jenkins is considered an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.