We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join our dynamic, fast-paced environment as Application Developer, Analytics. Reporting to the Manager, IT Development this new role will be responsible for developing, configuring, and testing data analytics solutions for our customers and internal stakeholders. This includes the development, management, and support of web applications, cloud infrastructure, and new innovative product development.
What you will do
- Lead efforts in analyzing, architecting, and developing new analytics solutions for our clients.
- Consult with clients concerning software, creating new programs, and testing newly created programs to verify functionality.
- Deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all business and customer requirements.
- Craft innovative solutions to challenging problems that facilitate the effectiveness of lottery products within the market as well as improvements and efficiencies in internal development of lottery products.
- Support existing/new innovations in accordance to established practices and policies.
- Meet development targets ensuring project deadlines are met.
Who you are
- A motivated self-starter who is willing to learn and stay up-to-date with industry developments.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- An analytical individual who can self-manage, complete high priority tasks and deliver on time.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues.
What you will need
- Experience with dimensional modeling techniques, ETL tool/platform, authoring reports and analysis with a BI Suite would be an asset.
- Previous experience in application, mobile or web development would be considered an asset
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with web development frameworks, cross platform mobile app development frameworks and project management principles are an asset.
- General experience or exposure to business intelligence and analytics solutions.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.