Our team at Ypsilanti is looking for an analytical, forward-thinking professional to join our Quality Dept. in the position of Quality Technician, reporting to the Quality Manager.
The Quality Technician provides analytical and administrative support to the Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Operation. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving our Integrated Management Systems (certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO27001, WLA, SA8000), and taking a lead role in investigating Improvement ideas, nonconformities by identifying the root cause(s) and corrective actions, and be the go-to person for continual improvement initiatives. Also, conducting comparative data analysis, managing and distributing information for reports and training.
What you will do
- Ensuring Pollard Banknote’s Integrated Management System (IMS) is up-to-date and effective
- Using the IMS to identify opportunities and monitor the effectiveness of in-process quality practices
- Conducting data analysis on production processes both independently and as directed by the company
- Ensuring all internal and external Customer Complaints are addressed, Regulatory Complaints and Improvement Ideas are investigated within a reasonable time limit, lead root cause analysis and verify corrective actions across the shifts, as necessary
- Conducting Internal Audits, delivering procedural training, and auditing new procedure rollouts across the shifts as necessary
- Varying project work and administrative tasks as required
What you will need
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field, or a suitable combination of high school diploma and related manufacturing experience
- Experience working in manufacturing, production or finishing operations
- Internal Auditor Qualification and/or Certification is an asset
- ISO 9001 training is an asset
- Previous experience in statistics and/or Six Sigma, would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and analysis experience are required
- Advanced Excel skills and other MS Office apps (Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to effectively adapt and reprioritize work to respond to daily changes of work assignments
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with the ability to creatively handle constraints
- Aptitude & willingness to learn and expand operational / business knowledge, positive “can-do” approach and attitude.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with team members and coworkers.
- Ability to travel to other PBL sites is required (Canada and U.S.)
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.