We are currently seeking a full time Term Press Assistant to join our Manufacturing Team for (6) six-months. As a Press Assistant, you will work closely with the Press Operator to provide support in the operation of various presses and related equipment used in the production of lottery tickets. The Press Assistant is required to work in a variety of different areas within the pressroom and on a number of different presses and equipment, as required.
Our shifts are fixed twelve-hour shifts as below:
- Sun-Tue (7am – 7pm or 7pm-7am)
- Wed-Fri (7am – 7pm or 7pm – 7am)
Availability to work and cover on other shifts, including overtime, will be a requirement.
What you will do
- Assist with safe and efficient operation of presses as assigned; includes loading and unloading rolls of paper or tickets, inspect material & print quality, monitor supplies and log production information
- Ensure production targets are met and products printed are in accordance with game specifications, quality and PBL standards
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean and organized
- Complete changeovers, minor preventative maintenance and routine repairs
- Effectively communicate all relevant game-status details and equipment operation details
- Adhere to all company’s procedures and policies with respect to operation, health & safety, and security
Who you are
- A highly motivated self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to organize, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- A responsible individual who can work under pressure and maintain accuracy with strong attention to detail
What you will need
- High School or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrated and proven mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for long periods
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in a production environment would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.