We are looking for a permanent part-time Security Officer to join the Corporate Security Department. Hours of work will be on weekends, with the majority being days. The shifts are from 06:00 to 18:00 and 18:00 to 06:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. There is also opportunity to obtain additional hours during the week (Monday to Friday) on occasion.
Some flexibility with this schedule can be given, with advance notice/preparation. If you are coordinated and organized with your personal and work schedule and are willing to work hard earning wages well above the provincial security minimum, we want you to apply!
As a member of Corporate Security, the successful candidate will be responsible for enforcing policies and procedures relative to the safety and security of company property and personnel, monitoring building entrances and exits as well as building grounds, reporting violations, fire, accident, theft and vandalism and assisting with the various day to day security issues for the Winnipeg plant.
NOTE: Training to take place over the course of 3 – 4 weeks and will require 2 – 3, 12-hour days/nights of availability each week.
What you will do
- Monitor building entrances and exits, conduct regular and lengthy security check patrols and respond to security and safety incidents
- Ensure all security processes are followed and integrity is maintained
- View and document activity of security tapes/key scans, issue daily security logs and security reports
- Respond to questions, enquires and resolve problems regarding security related issues
- Maintain employee access to security and key scan systems (i.e. issue employee badges, deactivate employee access, issue PIN numbers, etc.)
- Assist in security risk evaluations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with other staff members and ensure a safe & secure work environment
- Participate as Duty Officer and other duties as assigned
Who you are
- An individual who is always alert and aware of the surroundings.
- An effective communicator who can collaborate with multiple stakeholders
What you will need
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- Education or previous experience as a Law Enforcement or Security Officer or other related security employment is an asset
- Knowledge of CCTV, card access systems and applicable laws and regulations related to security services is an asset
- Must possess and be able to maintain a Manitoba Security Guard License
- Must have or be able to obtain a Standard First Aid Certificate, basic CPR Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and is a highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and/or critical situations
- Customer service/team-oriented individual who is assertive, reliable and discrete with a high level of awareness
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to work 12-hour day shifts on weekends
- Access to a reliable vehicle is required to be considered for this position
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.