We are looking for an experienced and passionate Sales professional who is eager to help lotteries within Canada grow their revenues to join our Sales & Marketing Department in Winnipeg, MB. This new role will report to the Senior Director, Sales & Marketing with our subsidiary – Schafer Systems, in the USA. This role is responsible for introducing the Canadian market to various retail products, provide them with successes that other lotteries have experienced by using different display and merchandising methods at retail.
The Sales Executive will play an integral role in developing relationships, provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions about products and/or services to ensure the client has a great experience.
What you will do
- Sell and promote retail merchandising products to the Canadian Lotteries and their retail market.
- Engage and maximize each client to increase awareness of products and services offered.
- Identify new products and suggest any current product enhancements.
- Establish pricing for any new products developed to meet financial business requirements.
- Develop professional, selling and technical knowledge by working closely with the Product Director, Research and Development team, Operations and/or any other sales team members.
- Responsible for researching the needs of the clients and tailoring presentations and product purchase options for them.
- Build customer relationships and provide a high level of trust and customer service to them.
- Participate in bi-weekly sales meetings by sharing sales opportunities, successes and any new product ideas.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor’s products, pricing, offered services and any special programs.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to keep abreast of the latest industry product developments and engage with clients.
- Prepare regular sales updates and reports and work with the management to set sales goals and marketing expenses for Canadian territories.
Who you are
- Someone who is passionate about the Pollard brand and helping lotteries grow revenue for good causes.
- Self-motivated, goal orientated and able to adapt to changing situations.
- Punctual, customer focused with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
- An excellent communicator who can present and work with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and sharp.
What you will need
- 3-5 years’ experience in retail merchandising. Lottery industry knowledge is nice to have.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to various levels of management.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in retail POP display and dispensing systems.
- Ability to travel to both customer locations and other corporate locations.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.