We are looking for a hands-on, driven individual to join our fast-paced environment as Digital Game Developer. The ideal candidate is someone who likes to push the limits of game development, animation, interactivity and sound design, in a cross-platform (desktop, mobile, tablet) browser environment. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Solutions this new role will be responsible for designing, developing and testing digital games and related new innovative products.
What you will do
- Build interactive and compelling web games using HTML5.
- Work closely with creative design team to create games for web & mobile platforms.
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the games interface.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging game development technologies.
- Promote usability best practices.
- Write clean, readable, well documented code.
- Participate in all phases of software/game development life cycle and provide effort estimates.
- Build and release new features and enhancements to existing games.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers.
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high priority tasks.
- An effective decision-maker with the ability to share knowledge with developers to achieve goals through collaboration.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues.
What you will need
- Thorough knowledge of design & animation tools including Phaser.
- Experience using source control tools like Git, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.
- Working knowledge of game development engines and the ability to quickly get up to speed with any engine.
- Ability to take a game concept and turn it into a working experience.
- Experience in creating exciting, highly interactive experiences on web, iOS & Android platforms.
- Proven resourcefulness in troubleshooting complex problems.
- Strong debugging and optimization abilities.
- Must be able to think critically and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications.
It would be nice to have
- Hands on experience in TypeScript.
- Experience coding for mobile web using responsive web technologies.
- Experience deploying the games to iOS/Android app stores.
- Having good understanding of UI/UX principles and accessibility guidelines will be an asset.
- Experience with DevOps practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and technologies such as Jenkins is considered an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.