We are looking for a strong analytical and knowledgeable professional to join our growing team as a Cloud System Engineer. The Cloud Systems Engineer will be a hands on technical role responsible for leading both development of enterprise cloud infrastructure standards as well implementation and top level support of cloud application infrastructure.
Specific areas of focus will be dynamic cloud infrastucture capabilities using terraform and cloudformation scripts, perimeter security and east-west mesh capabilities, as well as identity management and cost modelling. You will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, DevOps team, IT security group, and IT Operations team to ensure project delivery with a high level of Operational Readiness.
What you will do
- Lead in the technical design of cloud hosting solutions following Pollard’s Enterprise Architecture, AWS Best Practices, and project specific requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of tools and technologies to support our Digital Products strategy including our integration projects with recently acquired business units.
- Working closely with other IT/Infrastructure and Development teams within the company to ensure optimal support and operations of the Cloud environments
- Building complex cloud architectures using Infrastructure as Code
- Writing design proposals, reports, manuals, and other technical documents
- Assisting with special projects or providing technical advice
- Staying current on industry developments and technologies
Who you are
- Passionate for technology and automation
- Thorough, creative, communicative, and highly technical
- Genuine aptitude for software development standards and processes
- A continuous learner who goes above and beyond to get the job done
- A collaborative individual who communicates clearly in a timely fashion
- A highly adaptable team player who can juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- An analytical, detail-orientated problem-solver who identifies risks and gaps through critical thinking
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, WLA-SCS and ISO 9001 procedures and policies
- Experience building infrastructure-as-code using CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or Chef
- Experience supporting a CI/CD DevOps environment
- Experience with performance tuning and monitoring tools (Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios, CloudWatch)
- Strong understanding of networking in the cloud with debugging experience
- Strong Linux-related background
- Excellent research, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Effective planning & organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and adhere to budgets and timelines
- Experience with the below are considered assets:
- Cloud computing services such as AWS, Azure or Google
- Cloud services: Control Tower, GWLB, ELB, EKS, EBS, SNS, ECS, S3
- Identity Management tools: Cognito, ADFS, LDAP, SAML, Active Directory
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.