We’re looking for a Digital Press Operator to join our Manufacturing department. Reporting to the Superintendent, Manufacturing, this permanent full-time position is responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining a highspeed variable data digital press which includes a flexo web coating system
The Digital Press is used to print high quality images with attention required to the performance of ink jet heads, dryer and managing optimal settings as both colour specifications and quality are baseline metrics. Loading and unloading rolls of paper from the unwind and rewind along with an understanding of the paper path and components is required, as webbing the press will be a core competency. Computer skills are required to manage workflow, operate the equipment, gather job requirements, quality proofing, and ensure logging and reporting is consistent with Pollard Banknote standards.
The shift will start as an 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday, but flexibility to work 12 hr shifts, both days and nights, is a requirement.
What you will do
- Ensure that products are printed on the Digital Press in accordance with the game specifications and quality standards
- Ensure optimal equipment performance through proper set up, operation and preventative maintenance
- Meet production targets, quality, and integrity standards
- Keep equipment and work area clean and organized
- Adhere to all company’s established procedures and policies with respect to operation, health and safety and security
Who you are
- A highly motivated, team player who is passionate about delivering results
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team and leadership
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues
What you will need
- Knowledge of ink jet and flexographic printing
- An excellent understanding of the importance of Health and Safety, eg. WHMIS, Ergonomics
- Ability to read and understand detailed game specifications
- Ability to learn and retain large amounts of information
- Basic mathematical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to specialized application-based computer skills
- Intermediate mechanical skills
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.