Pollard Banknote, a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, is looking for an Buyer for our manufacturing plant in Ypsilanti, MI. Under the general supervision of the Director of Purchasing, the Buyer will work as part of our Purchasing team and be responsible for the procurement of materials, services, equipment, parts and supplies for our Ypsilanti manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains competitive price quotes or negotiate for best purchase decision
- Ordering material and services, preparing purchase orders, and expediting orders as required
- Ensure items are received on a timely basis
- Identifying areas for cost savings and operational efficiencies
- Develop effective relations and communication with all supplier, customers and co-workers
- Assists Accounts Payables in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Monitor and stay current with new sourcing opportunities and assist end-users in development of suppliers to ensure their capability to meet requirements
- Advise end-users and management on prices, trends, issues and technologies relevant to materials purchased
- Post-secondary education related to Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Innovative self-starter and able to work independently and as part of a multi-skilled team
- Ability to employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills while making decision based on multiple options and decisively recommend the right course of action
- Energetic problem solver, creative and innovative in generating ideas and solutions
- Excellent PC skills – MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), ERP
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.