We’re looking for a Production Assistant to join our Manufacturing Team! As a Production Assistant, you will assist in the make ready process by maintaining equipment, supplying critical press components essential for the operation of the presses and assisting production processes related to the manufacturing of lottery tickets.
Our shifts are fixed twelve-hour shifts as below:
- Wednesday to Friday Nights: 7pm to 7am
Availability to work and cover on other shifts, including overtime, will be a requirement.
What you will do
- Clean, assemble and maintain critical press components ensuring availability at the press
- Clean, maintain, repair ink management equipment (pumps, buckets, lids, drum lid lifts, ink filters, etc.)
- Act as a back-up for the Press Assistant’s during breaks and/or vacation / leave
- Crosstrain on equipment and related processes to provide relief during staffing shortages
- Keep the parts cleaning and assembly area organized
- Assist with game changeovers on the Press
- Perform work in a timely and efficient manner to meet production targets
Who you are
- A highly motivated self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to organize, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- A responsible individual who can work under pressure and maintain accuracy with strong attention to detail
What you will need
- High School or general education degree (GED)
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in the print industry or production environment would be considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for long periods
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.