We’re looking for a detail-orientated and technical individual to join our Lottery Management Services Team as Business Analyst. Reporting to the Product Manager, this role will be responsible for different internal and external teams to gather requirements and manage the effective planning and lifecycle management of Lottery Management Services. The Business Analyst will play a key role in maintaining product backlogs, creating product roadmaps, directing the project team and assist in systems analysis.
What you will do
- Liaise with business and development teams to facilitate the development of new products and enhance existing products.
- Work with product owners and other internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and maintain the product backlog and roadmap.
- Authoring and completing refined and measurable user stories to ensure comprehension of stories by Project Team members, including the review of any applicable wireframe mockups, tasks required to complete the user story, and relevant acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate initiatives for small to medium projects, including, identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues for assigned business application systems.
- Solicit goals and requirements (functional and non-functional) through interviews, workshops, and reviews of existing documentation/procedures.
- Ensuring analysis is sufficiently on track and in front of development far enough to ensure the next successful iteration.
- Assist in validating test plans and building test cases.
- Apply an excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Scrum) to deliver functionality.
- Provide thought leadership in business and system analysis approaches.
- Participate and facilitate (as required) in product owner, sprint planning, daily scrum and retrospective meetings.
Who you are
- Someone with outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detailed-oriented, organized and comfortable collaborating with other functional teams.
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment and demonstrated a track record of delivering complex solutions on time and budget.
- Someone who can apply a high level of problem-solving skills and expertise, with keen attention to detail, to analyze and report on actions and/or solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients at all levels
What you will need
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Systems or Business Analysis in an Agile environment.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of API services.
- Understanding of SQL, XML and JSON is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of technology trends across the industry and best practices within the Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, inclusive of Scrum/Iterations, incremental releases, user stories, and Kanban technique.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, etc.).
- Familiarity with IT Service Management processes.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certificate in Agile is considered an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.