We are looking for an analytical and knowledgeable professional to join our growing IT Infrastructure department as a Senior Systems Administrator. This full-time permanent position will provide direct technical and administrative support to all aspects of Unix/Linux, VMWare, Backup and Recovery and Amazon Web Services platforms for a multi-site manufacturing environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure, including participation in technical research and development.
If you are a dedicated and driven individual, enjoy resolve problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are looking for diverse experience and career advancement, we would like to consider your application.
What you will do
- Provide systems solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks such as backups
- Investigate, troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting and ongoing performance tuning
- Maintain and monitor on-premises data centers and cloud environments
Who you are
- Passionate for technology and efficiency
- Highly motivated and self-starter who takes the initiative with minimal supervision along with the ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Continuous learner who goes above and beyond to get the job done
- Collaborative individual who communicates clearly in a timely fashion
- Team player who can juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- An analytical, detail-orientated problem-solver who identifies risks and gaps through critical thinking
What you will need
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a technical field, such as Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 5 years experience as a Unix/Linux system administrator
- Strong background in CentOS and other Linux enterprise operating systems; including automating installations and configuration management using Kickstart, Puppet or Ansible as well as identity management systems such as FreeIPA.
- Experience working with VMWare ESXi, vSphere, vCenter and Site Recovery Manager, specifically in building and administering virtual infrastructure environments.
- Understanding of networking concepts (i.e. VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing) and mail flow and routing (Postfix, Sendmail) and monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix) and scripting (Bash)
- Experience working with backup and recovery solutions such as CommVault, NetBackup, Veeam and/or Bacula/BareOS
- Working knowledge and background of products and services within Amazon Web Services ((VPC, EC2, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, etc. and relevant scripting skills using CloudFormation, etc.) and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills
- Familiarity with ITIL practices, such as change management, incident management, etc.
- Experience in Windows operating systems will be considered an asset.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the USA.
- Ability to work after-hours and on-call on a regular basis
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.