The Controls Engineer is responsible for supporting and troubleshooting of electrical and software systems for the plant. They will participate in the development and implementation of multidisciplinary project plans, design, fabrication, adaptation, systems integration, selection, programming (as needed), power systems distribution and protection, commissioning and engineering support of industrial hardware and software solutions for Ypsilanti manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting, programming (as needed), commissioning and troubleshooting electrical automation controls systems that use the ControlLogix processor families, SLC-500 controllers, Programmable Logic Controllers, RSView32, RSView Studio, xCoupler, MYSQL database, Message display and PanelView machine interface software, digital servo motors/drives/controllers, speed/position/ torque/tension controllers and drives, AC/DC motors and drives, temperature controllers and all the process instrument devices.
- Upgrading the obsolete existing controls systems to the up-to-date technology to improve the reliability, efficiency, high performance and easy-to-maintainability of all the printing presses and packaging equipment’s.
- Working knowledge and support of Siemens PLC and Simatic Touch human machine interface, Square-D PLC, Mitsubishi PLC, Omron PLC, CTC PowerStation PanelView and Interact software etc. and more.
- Designing the power distribution systems, emergency safety circuits and power protection for the servo/AC/DC drives and controls systems in compliance with electrical code and regulations.
- Providing technical support and guidance to Maintenance department to troubleshoot the controls systems.
- Reviewing conceptual controls, power system and operator interface design requirements with manufacturing personnel and corporate engineering group.
- Researching and developing new product ideas and processes.
- Presenting technical papers and training the manufacturing operators, supervisors, managers and Maintenance personnel.
- Provide technical support to all staff (manufacturing/finishing/maintenance, etc…) of all the production plants to ensure the sustained production
- Resolve the equipment issues and process improvement requests raised by manufacturing/finishing staffs related to the malfunctions of the equipment.
- Manage and deliver the controls/electrical portion of the major project on time, on budget and functionalities
- Ensure the controls/electrical systems to comply with industrial standards such as OHSA, NEC, and local workplace safety regulations
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Engineering or related discipline. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- A minimum of five year experiences in a related industrial setting, with particular emphasis on:
- Design, programming and troubleshooting of all the Programmable Logics Controllers (PLC), tension/registration controls systems and servo drives, AC/DC drives/motors and process instrument devices, etc…
- Design and troubleshooting of custom digital and analog circuits, automated industrial control systems including emergency safety circuits and industrial human machine interface (HMI).
- Hardware configuration and software development of programmable logic controllers
- Use of electrical instruments: oscilloscope, multi-meter, etc.
- Use of AutoCAD and computer office software
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.