Working at our manufacturing facility in Ypsilanti, MI, this full-time position verifies correct fold on processed lottery tickets and that the slitter/linear perforations are of acceptable quality. Planning and performing efficient changeovers and make –readies of the B-bunch folder or FS2. Operate the equipment with the ability to maintain the required productivity levels coupled with low waste levels. Perform preventative/corrective maintenance as required on the folder and its peripherals. Examine product and note items such as splices, out of register product, missing print, etc. and void out in the work center voider to expedite the QC process. Troubleshoot folder problems, ability to separate stacks of folded product by the appropriate numbers and load these stacks, in correct order, onto racks or crates for finishing. Maintain a clean work area and assist other crew members as needed.
- Properly set up perforated die folding line, check that fold matches diagram in job ticket
- Ensure processed tickets flow efficiently through the folder & tickets break apart properly after slitting & folding
- Separate ticket stacks correctly once folded on B-bunch
- Check that books are broken on correct ticket # on both FS2 and Bunch
- Ensure paperwork for roll tracking is completed properly
- Ensure preventative maintenance is done as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work for sustained periods of time, walking, standing, kneeling or bending. Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. Ability to open and maneuver cold foil rolls, Ability to move 60” rolls to folder.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area
- Working knowledge of process from a printing and flow perspective
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Strong Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs and ERP systems
- Successfully pass mechanical aptitude test
- Understanding of and consistent adherence to Health & Safety, Quality and Security standards
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate work
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain productivity to meet production deadlines
- Ability to work take initiative and be a self-starter
- Folder experience an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.