We’re looking for a creative Graphic Designer to join our Corporate Marketing department. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing and Events this new role will create and implement visual communication solutions for all corporate marketing initiatives. The successful incumbent will be responsible for: print and digital ad development, publication layout and design, marketing materials, tradeshow displays, social media graphics and presentation development.
The Graphic Designer will execute the most effective way to communicate messages through print and electronic media using a variety of mediums such as colour, type, illustration, photography, animation, as well as a variety of print and layout techniques.
What you will do
- Maintain and continue to develop existing brand guidelines and ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Maintain and update print and/or electronic corporate marketing templates.
- Update, design, and layout print and/or electronic marketing and promotional materials for special events.
- Update and design marketing collateral for the sales and marketing team and all corporate marketing initiatives.
- Develop presentations including, but not limited to; sourcing or creating graphics, maintaining the look and feel of the Pollard Banknote brand.
- Design advertisements and logos, as required.
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments included the broader graphic design and multi-media teams.
- Other duties as requested.
Who you are
- A creative and curious self-starter capable of working in a team and autonomously.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A highly organized individual who manages timelines effectively and meets deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, highly adaptable with strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone who can maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What you will need
- 1-2 years of experience in Graphic Design.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, WordPress, Microsoft Suite including PowerPoint and HTML.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated creativity, with the ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing.
- Provide an example of work demonstrating digital design capabilities.
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight timelines, and problem-solve as required
- Ability to foster and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to act quickly and react to changing trends; open to new ideas and influences.
- Experience or willingness to learn motion graphics and animation considered an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through the Pollard Banknote career portal.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.