Numerous positions available – Signing Bonus of $1,000
We are currently seeking both full-time Permanent-Press Assistants and term Press Assistants to join our Manufacturing Team. The Press Assistant is required to work in a variety of different areas within the pressroom and on a number of different presses and equipment, as required.
Our shifts are fixed twelve-hour shifts as below:
- Sunday to Tuesday Days: 7AM – 7PM
- Sunday to Tuesday Nights: 7PM – 7AM
- Wednesday to Friday Days 7AM – 7PM
- Wednesday to Friday Nights 7PM – 7AM
Availability to work and cover on other shifts, including overtime, will be a requirement.
The signing bonus applies to only full-time permanent shifts.
What you will do
- Assist with safe and efficient operation of presses as assigned; includes loading and unloading rolls of paper or tickets, inspect material & print quality, monitor supplies and log production information
- Ensure production targets are met and products printed are in accordance with game specifications, quality and PBL standards
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean and organized
- Complete changeovers, minor preventative maintenance and routine repairs
- Effectively communicate all relevant game-status details and equipment operation details
- Adhere to all company’s procedures and policies with respect to operation, health & safety, and security
Who you are
- A highly motivated self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to organize, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- A responsible individual who can work under pressure and maintain accuracy with strong attention to detail
What you will need
- High School or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrated and proven mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for long periods
- Technical Printing Certification and/or experience in a production environment would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to: email@example.com
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.