Working within the IT Infrastructure department, this full-time permanent position will provide direct technical and administrative support to all aspects of Unix/Linux, VMWare, Backup and Recovery and Amazon Web Services environments for a multi-site 24-hour manufacturing environment.
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure, including participation in technical research and development.
If you are a dedicated and driven individual, enjoys resolve problems and thrives in a fast-paced environment, and are looking for diverse experience, and career advancement, we would like to consider your application.
- Engineering of systems solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks such as backups
- Investigate, troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting and ongoing performance tuning
- Maintain and monitor on-premises data centers and cloud environments
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Unix/Linux system administrator
- Strong background in CentOS and other Linux enterprise operating systems; including automating installations and configuration management using Kickstart, Puppet or Ansible as well as identity management systems such as FreeIPA.
- Strong background in VMWare ESXi, vSphere, vCenter and Site Recovery Manager, specifically in building and administering virtual infrastructure environments.
- Understanding of networking concepts (i.e. VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing) and mail flow and routing (Postfix, Sendmail, Proofpoint) and monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Splunk) and scripting (Bash)
- Experience working with backup and recovery solutions such as CommVault, NetBackup, Veeam and/or Bacula/BareOS
- Working knowledge and background of products and services within Amazon Web Services ((VPC, EC2, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, etc. and relevant scripting skills using CloudFormation, etc.) and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills
- Familiarity with ITIL practices, such as change management, incident management, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter who takes the initiative with minimal supervision along with the ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the USA.
- Ability to work after-hours and on-call on a regular basis
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to: email@example.com
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.