We’re looking for an outgoing, detail-oriented Accounting Supervisor to join Pollard’s finance team! Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this full time, permanent position will support a growing and dynamic organization in the Lottery and Gaming industry. In this role, you will ensure the accuracy of month-end closes, help manage the day to day activities of the accounting department, assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and various projects.
What you will do
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly internal reporting.
- Complete month-end closing activities including analysis, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Oversee the accounts payable and general accounting functions.
- Lead, mentor and train a group of three staff.
- Assist in maintaining, managing and identifying improvements in internal controls and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, including the external auditors.
- Research issues and prepare the filling of commodity taxes.
- Maintain, analyze and improve our base financial information.
- Support management in other finance, treasury and accounting responsibilities as required for the role.
Who you are
- A top performer who possesses excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and external stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- A highly adaptable, analytical and process-orientated individual with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Someone who is organized, self-motivated, and possesses strong time management skills.
What you will need
- CPA or legacy designation required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills specifically Excel.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to: email@example.com
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.