Working within our two automated print production facilities, this permanent full-time position is responsible for providing electrical maintenance support on a variety of print production equipment and building systems to support day to day operations of the plant. This includes performing preventative maintenance tasks, diagnostic and troubleshooting services, responding to emergency breakdowns and completing accurate work order data entry/documentation. This position at times may also perform project work on an as needed basis for new installations and customizations on existing equipment to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
The position requires an individual who is able to meet the requirements for physical demanding work, is flexible to work various shifts and available for overtime and/or on call duty as needed.
What you will do
- Ensure proper performance and operation of machinery and mechanical equipment for production
- Minimize production downtime by completing preventive maintenance inspections, planned work orders and responding to breakdowns and emergency repairs in an expedited and efficient manner
- Carry out all work in a safe and professional manner complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensure high standards of workmanship quality are delivered to prevent manufacturing equipment breakdowns
- Complete accurate documentation of repairs and maintenance performed; collect, analyze and summarize information on work orders and work requisitions
Who you are
- A highly motivated self-starter with superb verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to prioritize, plan and organize work to manage multiple work orders to meet deadlines
- An individual who has the ability to excel within a fast-paced team environment and function effectively working independently with minimal supervision
- A responsible and highly adaptable individual to work under pressure and respond to changes
What you will need
- Electrical, Electronic, or Instrumentation Diploma/ Certificate from a recognized technical program and/or Journeyman Industrial Electrician
- Minimum two years of related work experience as Industrial Electrician
- Experience in diagnostics, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is an asset
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings, blue-prints and electrical schematics
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work to manage multiple work orders to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel within a fast-paced team environment and function independently with minimal supervision
- Responsible and highly adaptable to work under pressure and respond to changes
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and instrumentation experience would be considered assets
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.