We are looking for two talented and driven individuals to join our fast-paced environment as an Application Developer in the Digital Solutions Department. The ideal candidates are relentless and will play a key role in driving the implementation of innovative digital solutions. Reporting to the Manager, Application Development, the role will be responsible for designing, developing and testing digital software applications which includes mobile applications, websites, widget frameworks, interactive games and other new innovative products.
What you will do
- Analyze, architect, and develop scalable and reusable code by using the best software development practices, clean code and solid principles.
- Work in a collaborative environment to deliver innovative solutions that meet all business and customer requirements.
- Defining and creating Web and mobile-based applications and reusable interface components with Typescript and React.
- Assist in building a suite of tools and libraries for digital products to use, that support the development and maintenance of containerized microservice applications.
- Collaborate with different teams and departments to be in sync for the ongoing projects and any new projects coming.
- Stay up-to-date with advanced technologies in order to be able to provide the best solutions for new projects.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high priority tasks
- A continuous learner who always pursues to learn best practices and apply them in day-to-day work.
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to plan for and investigate issues proactively
What you will need
- 1-2 years of application development experience.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in programming languages: PHP, Java, React, Angular and TypeScript; and relational databases like MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Web, iOS and/or Android development and related frameworks
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.