We are looking for a highly motivated team member with business and/or marketing experience to join the Business Development team in influencing customer perceptions through compelling communications. Team members make an impact by being an important part of efforts to win contracts and communicate thought leadership in our growing business and industry.
What you will do
- Create written content across a wide range of topics, across all aspects of the instant ticket, digital and retail display parts of our business, in a variety of formats, including proposals, press releases and trade magazine articles.
- You’ll often have existing starting content to work with, but you will need to be curious about the subject matter and ask questions of our subject matter experts to deepen your understanding. You will then apply the learning into a written deliverable that is clear but also has some flair!
- Plan and manage your deliverables including project scheduling, running meetings and collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders. You will work together with them in the writing, reviewing and editing process to ultimately deliver accurate and persuasive content.
Who you are
- Someone who is highly curious, grasps new concepts effortlessly, and has demonstrated an aptitude and interest in shaping written content to appeal to a customer’s perspective.
- Embraces the written content development and review process.
- Enjoys learning how to develop a plan and action the various steps.
- Detail-oriented, organized and thrives in a fast-paced self-directed work environment.
- Appreciates the power of collaboration and being a valuable member of a thriving, highly valued team.
What you will need
- Significant writing experience through higher education coursework and/or previous work positions.
- A passion for writing and editing content.
- Experience leading and managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, solve problems and set priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, specifically Word. PowerPoint skills would also be valuable.
What we offer
- Highly motivating team atmosphere within a stable and growing business and industry.
- Care and attention to initial training using a combination of formal and informal approaches.
- We provide a second-to-none positive and supportive work environment that values both individual employee and team contributions.
- Hybrid work environment (combination of work-from-home and office).
- Work environment that places a high value and emphasis on work-life balance.
- All the positives of a family-owned business within a bigger company including entrepreneurial spirit and a strong vision for long-term growth.
- A large variety of types of writing assignments.
- Access to subject matter experts that are best-in-class specialists.
- Significant learning and training opportunities at the outset and on an ongoing basis.
- Opportunities for growth within the Business Development team and the company.
- Competitive compensation, including a belief in equally sharing a percentage of profits with our employees on a quarterly basis.
- Comprehensive benefits plan.
- Company-supported pension plan contributions.
Pollard Banknote is a Winnipeg-based success story with worldwide reach. We are one of three suppliers of instant scratch tickets in the Gaming & Lottery industry. We are the fastest growing supplier and supply tickets to lotteries on almost every continent.
While instant scratch tickets are our core business, we are proud to have grown our business by expanding to include all aspects of the digital lottery sphere. We provide a range of digital products including games, apps, loyalty programs, operational tools and full iLottery platforms. We have expanded our digital footprint significantly in the last decade through organic growth and three important international company acquisitions.
In recent years, we have also developed a sharp focus on the retail side of the lottery business in terms of merchandising and display possibilities, through two international company acquisitions.
We are continuing to grow and innovate across all facets of our business and need help in communicating all the exciting sales-driving strategies, products, and services we have available to our worldwide lottery customers. Come and join the team!
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.