Pollard Banknote is seeking highly motivated individuals for our New Business Specialist positions. A New Business Specialist is responsible for growing Lottery revenue by identifying, recruiting, and developing new retailers. Currently, we have openings in Tucson and Phoenix.
This is an excellent opportunity for a sales professional with strong relationship building skills and a business development background, to support a variety of retailers in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies to identify appropriate retailer recruitment initiatives
- Conduct in-person meetings with potential Lottery retailers to solicit new business. Drive an automobile throughout assigned territory to recruit new retailers.
- Utilize cold-calling best practices to solicit new business from prospective retailers.
- Research, recruit and develop new retailer prospects through established contacts and industry leads
- Prepare presentations for a variety of potential lottery retailers
- Develop opportunities for lottery ticket sales in a wide range of environments
- Communicate with internal and external customers on new business developments
- Maintain working knowledge of current and prospective new products and services of the Arizona Lottery to drive sales and increase net revenue
- Perform work to strengthen the mission of the Lottery, which is to support Arizona programs for the public benefit by maximizing net revenue in a responsible manner
- Post-secondary education in Business, Sales, Marketing or related disciplines. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales or business development, utilizing effective selling practices, excellent negotiating skills, and marketing principles
- Ability to independently conduct sales analyses to identify new business opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques, multiple product portfolio sales, sales promotions, advertising, and display methods
- Excellent communication skills that include the ability to organize and present information both orally and in writing to both internal and external clients
- Ability to demonstrate superior customer service skills by maintaining a pleasant and professional manner while communicating with others in a timely manner
- Ability to independently complete routine assignments accurately, and respond quickly to a variety of situations and changing priorities
- Must exercise good judgment and make sound decisions affecting the operation of the Arizona Lottery, the sales department, and vendor functions
- Experienced in establishing realistic recruiting goals to meet the expectations within the assigned time frame
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used at retailer sites
- Ability to accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, achieve excellent results with little need for oversight, acknowledge and correct mistakes, and assume responsibility for errors or disappointing results
- Practice methods of maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive sales and organizational information
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools and applications as well as Google Suite
- Knowledge of State laws, regulations and rules relevant to the Arizona Lottery, is an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at HR_Ypsilanti@pbl.ca.
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.