We are seeking an energetic team member to collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver high quality business solutions to enhance the digital gaming experience across digital platforms for lotteries. The Solutions Designer will be responsible for developing business requirement documents while analyzing and mapping out relevant business processes and IT infrastructure initiatives.
Reporting to the Director, Operations, this new role will oversee the discovery phase to identify what might impact the solution delivery and make recommendations for alternate solutions as needed. They will assist in the design, development and testing of solutions and report to stakeholders and leadership throughout the project lifecycle.
What you will do
- Define, analyze, and document requirements. Clearly communicate translation of requirements from business and technical sources into technical design direction, using various means including specifications, white board discussions, UML modeling techniques, etc.
- Design and architect quality solutions that include business and economic aspects while considering sound software design concepts, patterns, and industry best practices.
- Ensure that all solutions follow architectural principles, technology standards, industry best practices, architectural governance processes and reusable reference architectures.
- Work closely with product and development teams in all phases of software development life cycle to conceptualize, design and implement end-to-end digital solutions that meet business objectives.
- Work closely with executives, key departmental management, and project stakeholders across the organization. Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization.
- Research industry trends and best practices and develop recommendations of technologies and methods to stakeholders at all levels.
- Researching and analyzing strategic and competitive information to constantly optimize the products and its performance.
- Assist with the completion of proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision.
- Provide architectural consultation, support, and guidance to project teams, product and solution architects and developers, as well as customers when requested.
Who you are
- Passionate about storytelling through solution design.
- Innovative and creative, comfortable working in unconventional ways.
- Results-oriented with proven experience communicating big ideas.
- Eager to analyze and use data insights to achieve positive outcomes.
- Highly motivated and collaborative.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required, an Advanced Degree or equivalent job experience is desirable
- Experience working/leading projects executed using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Ability to learn and adjust quickly to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Expertise with a broad base of digital web and mobile products, technologies, platforms, patterns, frameworks, and methodologies. Professional solution architecture experience is required.
- Broad understanding of enterprise architectural models, business architecture, information architecture and application/technical architecture
- Experience in solution prototyping and system analysis. Product management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of technical design documentation methodologies and technologies (Visio, UML, object modeling, etc.).
- Experience developing and refining best practices for implementation and maintenance of e-commerce and CRM is an asset.
- Command of sound software design principles and patterns is required.
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
- Familiarity with Marketing and Advertising is desirable.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills. Ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate the highest impact initiatives.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.