Pollard Banknote Limited is looking for an Infrastructure Technical Architect to help its growing Technology Services practice. As part of your duties, you will be expected to design, deploy, and optimize enterprise solutions. Your responsibilities will span an entire project’s lifecycle, from requirements gathering through design, documentation and delivery, including assisting and mentoring the less experienced members of the team. You will help with developing strategy, participating in RFP reviews, standards definition, roadmaps, and other technical governance to support both Infrastructure-specific, wider IT Services and business objectives
This role would be suited to an individual with in-depth experience with technical / infrastructure architecture in an enterprise-class environment. We are looking for someone who can be dynamic, demonstrate leadership, ownership and exudes a can-do attitude.
What you will do
- Create technical architectural solutions and high-level infrastructure designs that deliver the specified requirements.
- Technically manage projects from inception, deployment to handover to operational teams.
- Attendance of strategy and design meetings/discussions where appropriate, with a specific remit to help define requirements, propose solutions, build and maintain technical credibility and be a trusted advisor.
- Technical input and review of RFI, RFP and other technology/platform selection processes with overall responsibility for the Enterprise Computing content.
- Responsible for key document outputs within the team, including but not limited to: high-level design, low-level design, standards definition and roadmaps.
- Acts as an expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions
- Review and approve change requirements, proposals, and designs for compliance with principles and standards.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture implementation and modification activities (for example, projects), for new and existing solutions.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure architecture principles and standards which guide technology decisions.
- Analyze the current infrastructure environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement, including an end-to-end technical plan design.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and the design of standard software configurations.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Analyze the technology industry and market trends, determining their potential impact on the enterprise and, where appropriate, recommend new products, services, and platform
What you will need
To be successful in this role, we would expect you to have design/architecture experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory platform (all versions, including current).
- Complex, cross-cutting design and delivery of AWS Architectures that span the areas of Application & Integration Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Development Architecture, Operations Architecture, Security Architecture
- Cloud computing platforms including Microsoft Azure, PaaS and SaaS solutions.
- Experience producing architecture and planning documentation, including architecture diagrams and roadmaps
- Microsoft management and monitoring systems (SCCM preferred).
- Experience with working with other teams across the globe.
- Working within an environment with PC, Macs, and Linux terminals.
- Disaster Recovery technology, products, and services.
You must also be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services
- Networking fundamentals.
- Knowledge of PaloAlto networks is an asset
Who you are
The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative, collaborative team player willing to try new approaches to achieve results. The role will be well suited for someone who can get up to speed quickly, bring people together, establish positive working relationships, and develop and deliver internal communications strategies on various topics with different degrees of complexity.
As an individual, you should also have the following experience:
- Proven experience in delivering process efficiencies and improvements.
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams.
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete your own work while remaining a team player.
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.