This is an unique opportunity to take on a leadership role within a rapidly growing company, and to define, develop, and execute Next Generation Lottery’s (NGL) lottery system product strategy and roadmap.
The Director, Product Management will be the tactical and strategic lead for developing and implementing an innovative, industry-leading product vision for NGL’s products and will have ownership of product functionality end-to-end, which includes identifying and prioritizing product enhancements based on the needs of the business, customers (B2B2C), and the market.
What you will do
- Shape and execute the product roadmap in a manner that translates the strategy into product initiatives and will lead the Product Management team in the delivery of, product differentiation strategies designed to enhance and evolve features, modules, and capabilities as well as the competitiveness of Pollard’s overall digital product offering and portfolio.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Pollard’s customers, vendors, and internal teams in UX, Technology, R&D, Games Studio, Sales, and Marketing to create an iLottery platform that optimizes the online customer experience for lottery partners and their players across all digital platforms.
- Provide leadership in areas including product-related data capture; the application and leveraging of advanced data analytics, insights, and metrics; and the development of testing strategies and processes.
- Drive innovation in product features, modules, and concepts that result in increasingly powerful customer experiences and keep abreast of developments in lottery best practices, customer expectations, market needs, industry trends, emerging technologies, regulatory and other environmental changes, the competitive landscape, and competitor activities.
- Build and develop a best-in-class Product Management team by creating a positive and inspiring environment that empowers team members to learn, grow, thrive, and advance in their roles and careers.
What you will need
- Proven experience of complex platform development projects where the core of the resulting product, and the majority of its functionality, is built by in-house development teams.
- Experience in effectively leading teams in complex software development and product management.
- Demonstrated success and depth of experience as an architect of innovative product roadmaps specifically as it relates to B2B2C online e-commerce platforms within SaaS environments (ideally single-code based), including leadership of the associated commercial and technical aspects required in driving the product roadmap across mobile, web, and land-based channels.
- Solid experience in the product development and lifecycle management process and in managing this from inception to commercialization, including product conception; testing; prototyping; product launch; sales performance monitoring; and the development of processes, documentation, and work methodologies. This also includes experience in leveraging data and analytics to drive the development direction of products and the experiences of the end user.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in structuring, building, and growing high-performing and engaged product management teams, including experience in defining success measures, articulating expectations, planning for succession, and creating an environment that positions and empowers the team for achievement and success (client success; team success; individual success).
- Well-developed strategic capabilities applied in working collaboratively with clients and cross-functional teams in building-out and articulating product strategies and roadmaps, and in identifying evolving customer needs and market conditions/trends and translating these through the development of next-generation products.
- Skilled at casting, and executing on, a compelling vision and product strategy – coupled with exceptional skills in leading by influence and in building strong relationships at all levels, and with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, as the product champion and ambassador.
- Excellent communication (written, oral, presentation) and networking skills and a high level of comfort, credibility, and confidence in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, client-facing environment. A proven ability to influence decision-making and drive consensus by effectively communicating highly technical issues to a variety of internal and external audiences at varying levels of complexity and detail.
- Post-secondary education, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Who you are
- Skilled in reporting on product activity and performance metrics/KPIs at a variety of levels, and to a variety of audiences, internally and externally.
- Exceptionally client-focused and oriented, with outstanding relationship-building skills and a keen interest in helping clients enhance their success. A proven ability to comfortably and effectively build and maintain a broad range of relationships and at a variety of levels, internally and externally.
- Exceptional ability to build, lead, motivate, engage and empower culturally-diverse and geographically-distributed teams within a complex and growth-oriented environment, and in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
- Process-, results-, and detail-oriented, with a dedication to accuracy and precision.
- High energy, with the ability to successfully own, manage, and execute on multiple competing priorities.
- Committed to keeping current on emerging trends and developments in this fast-moving field, and in applying industry best practices as part of a process of continuously improving and staying relevant.
About Pollard Banknote
Pollard Banknote Limited (www.pollardbanknote.com) is one of the leading providers of products and services to the lottery and charitable gaming industries throughout the world. As the largest provider of instant tickets based in Canada, the second largest producer of instant tickets in the world, and the second largest provider of charitable gaming products in North America, Pollard’s vision is to be the partner of choice to lotteries and charities.
One of Pollard’s most recent acquisitions was the 2021 acquisition of European-based Next Generation Lotteries (https://www.nextgl.com/), which develops games and provides iLottery services to European and Asian lotteries. NGL’s service and solution offering is 100% focused on lotteries. Its system enables lotteries to offer any game through any channel – all administered through an easy-to-use web-based back office. Through its value-added services NGL helps lotteries maximize their return to good causes in a responsible way.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.