Pollard Banknote is seeking a professional with strong relationship building skills for the Territory Sales Manager position to work on behalf of our client, the Arizona State Lottery. There are territories available throughout the state.
Under the direction of the District Sales Supervisor, the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for providing exceptional service to the Arizona Lottery’s retail partners; including, delivering training on new game launches, effective merchandising of lottery products; routinely analyzing retailer sales data and using that information to develop strategies to increase sales.
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your retail management experience and sales background, to effect positive change for the people of Arizona, we want to meet you!
What you will do
- Develop and maintain positive business partnerships with designated retailers.
- Implement specific intensive sales techniques and retailer programs designed to increase awareness of Lottery products and achieve sales goals in designated high potential retailers.
- Analyze retailer sales reports to develop and implement specific programs/strategies to optimize sales.
- Meet with retail management and owner teams to review and plan sales goals and objectives.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback from retailers to Lottery Sales Management Team.
- Plan and coordinate in-store activities to include Lottery and retailer-specific promotions/programs.
- Train retail employees on new game launches, game enhancements, sales incentives, upcoming promotions and areas of opportunity to grow sales.
- Develop and improve retailer inventory control procedures to reduce ticket out-of-stocks, cash shortages and theft.
- Maintain, distribute and appropriately display all point-of-sale materials while meeting established deadlines.
- Adapt to a flexible work schedule to provide quality customer service to the retailer network.
- Install and replace Lottery ticket dispensers and perform routine maintenance on Lottery terminals and equipment.
- Perform various administrative, sales and customer service duties; answer customer, retailer and vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Some overnight stays may be required.
What you will need
- Post-secondary education in Business, Sales, Marketing or related disciplines. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in sales or retail management, including effective sales and marketing practices and principles.
- Experience developing and initiating promotional sales plans and programs and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Experience in analyzing sales and market trends, make recommendations and develop improvements to increase sales.
- Demonstrated proficiency in investigating and promptly resolve routine retailer issues and problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management level, other employees, vendors and the general public.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and knowledge of basic accounting procedures and applications as they relate to Lottery ticket sales at the retail level.
- Ability to provide training to retailers regarding lottery products, changes and or enhancements in Lottery games and promotions.
- Advanced negotiation techniques while maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of State laws, regulations and rules relevant to the Arizona Lottery, is an asset.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds using proper lifting techniques.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
- Company Vehicle
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for career development
- Challenging and team-oriented environment
- Fun & exciting work culture
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to HR_Ypsilanti@pbl.ca. Please include your email and phone number on your resume.
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.