We’re looking for a self-motivated and passionate individual to join the fast-paced environment as a Business Analyst with the Digital Solutions Team at Pollard Banknote.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with many different internal and external teams to gather requirements and manage the effective planning and lifecycle management of digital solutions for the lottery industry.
As a Business Analyst, you will maintain product backlog, create a product roadmap, direct the project team and assist in systems analysis.
Product planning responsibilities include awareness and analysis of systems and operational needs and translates them to product requirements and roadmap, and ensure the team has the tools and the expertise to deliver the product.
What you will do
- Liaise with Business and Development teams to facilitate the development of new digital products and enhance existing products.
- Work with the Product Owner and other internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and maintain the product backlog and roadmap.
- Perform System Analysis and deliver technical solutions to address system break-fix and change requests as part of deliverables.
- Solicit goals and requirements (functional and non-functional) through interviews, workshops, and reviews of existing documentation/procedures.
- Ensuring analysis is sufficiently on track and in front of development far enough to ensure the next successful iteration.
- Authoring and completing refined and measurable user stories to ensure comprehension of stories by Project Team members, including the review of any applicable wireframe mockups, tasks required to complete the user story, and relevant acceptance criteria.
- Apply an excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Scrum) to deliver functionality.
- Provide thought leadership in business and system analysis approaches.
Who you are
- Multitasker with the ability to navigate competing deadlines and manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of delivering complex solutions on time and within budget.
- Problem solver with keen attention to detail, able to analyze and report on actions and solutions.
- Effective communicator, focused on establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Continuous learner who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
- A highly adaptable team player who can communicate verbal and written information accurately, clearly in a timely fashion.
What you will need
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Business or System Analysis in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of technology trends across the industry and best practices within the Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, inclusive of Scrum/Iterations, incremental releases, user stories, and Kanban technique.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, etc.).
- Familiarity with IT Service Management processes (change, incident, problem and service request).
- Understanding of SQL, XML and JSON is considered an asset.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certificate in Agile is considered an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.