The Line Leader is the senior operator and team leader on an integrated finishing production line comprised of some or all of the following components: separation, scanning, shrink wrap, cartoning and palletizing. The position is responsible for leading a team to safely process high volumes of products in accordance with Pollard Banknote’s production targets and specifications for each game. The Line Lead will monitor and oversee the health and safety, quality, production and staffing issues for the area.
Shift options: 1) Sunday to Tuesday, day and night
2) Wednesday to Friday, day and night
All shifts are 12 hours, day shifts are from 7am to 7pm, and night shifts are 7pm to 7am, with a bi-weekly Saturday shift, when required.
*please indicate your order of shift preference on your application
What you will do
- Ensure optimal equipment performance through proper set-up, troubleshooting issues, monitoring of regular operation and conducting preventative maintenance
- Organize, guide and monitor the work of employees assigned to the line ensuring that products are safely processed in accordance with game specifications
- Ensure production targets are met in a fast-paced environment
- Train staff assigned to the line
- Ensure that team members perform their duties in a safe and ergonomically sound manner
- Read and understand detailed game specifications and communicate requirements to the team
- Effectively communicate all relevant game-status details and running parameters to incoming shift
- Understand and comply with all company/department policies and procedures
- Operate other equipment as needed including a Stahl folder or Poucher
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- A self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- A quick study with the ability to adapt to evolving business needs
- A team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A lead-by-example person with the ability to earn and maintain trust of peers
- A responsible individual who can work under pressure and maintain accuracy with strong attention to detail
What you will need
- Mechanical inclination is a strong asset
- Proven ability to set up and operate equipment
- Experience and familiarity with tools and machinery
- Demonstrated leadership and/or supervisory experience is required
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully train, coach and motivate team members
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED) with a basic understanding of computers
- Experience working within PBL’s Finishing process or similar experience within a manufacturing setting will be considered an asset
- Ability to organize, prioritize and maintain productivity to meet production deadlines
- Ability to analyze information and communicate instruction clearly to others
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.