We are looking for a senior leader with extensive operational experience to lead our U.S. instant ticket manufacturing operation located in Ypsilanti, Michigan with possible role expansion to include a satellite operation located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. This role will be responsible for all plant operations with an emphasis on improving operating efficiencies and processes and maximizing the effective use of resources.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Manufacturing, this role will responsible for day-to-day activities of all departments, direct and indirect reports. Direct reports include scheduling; logistics; maintenance; quality management and job planning. Indirect reports include corporate functions including human resources; Corporate Security; Quality Control testing lab; Information technology and purchasing. This role works closely with other operational leaders, sales and marketing and corporate support groups to ensure that all plant activities meet company and customer service needs.
What you will do
- Provide overall leadership, direction, and support for members of Plant Leadership team, both direct and indirect.
- Establish, implement and communicate the strategic direction of the operation.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals, while providing executive leadership with local intelligence and needs.
- Ensure that local leadership understands and complies with client contractual requirements including unique security requirements.
- Maintain relationship with Union Leadership and all activities necessary to maintain and improve labor and management relations as well as maintain relationships with local government officials, key vendors, suppliers and customers.
- Direct the development, planning and implementation of reliable processes.
- Implement and direct business process and quality management improvement efforts.
- Develop, oversee, and manage operational budgets within establish guidelines; adjusting throughout the period based on changing business conditions.
- Ensure quality and delivery requirements are met while satisfying all safety, environmental and related legislation, and company guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends.
Who you are
- An experienced leader with demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary teams including manufacturing, logistics, maintenance, security, human resources, and supply chain.
- A well-developed technical background in complex manufacturing and product development processes and in the achievement of improved efficiencies, processes and outcomes across a range of key operating measures.
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with teams, senior management, and internal groups.
- Organized, self-motivated individual who can supervise daily operational work and timelines and deliver projects according to corporate requirements.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing, and/or product development.
- Proven technical expertise and training in Lean Six Sigma, SMED, and/or other related continuous improvement processes and in effectively leading their application and adoption.
- Strong financial aptitude with P&L responsibility.
- Knowledge of print and/or lottery industry an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging and team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, 401k retirement savings, and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pollard (U.S.) Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.