We are looking for hands-on, driven individual to join our fast-paced environment as a Senior Application Developer. The ideal candidate is relentless and will play a key role in driving the implementation of innovative digital solutions. Reporting to the Application Development Manager of Digital Solutions this role will be responsible for designing, developing and testing digital software applications which includes HTML5 games, mobile applications, websites, online lucky drawings and other new innovative products.
What you will do
- Collaborate with team members to deliver exceptional products and solutions to Lottery partners.
- Develop, configure and test software to manage solutions for PBL customers and internal stakeholders.
- Implementing digital solutions to accompany instant tickets for new and existing customers
- Play a key role in creating and delivering fully functional and tested software solutions and bring them to market.
- Support existing/new innovations in accordance to established practices and policies
- Promote the use of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Collaborate with internal technology stakeholders (IT Ops, DevOps, Security, QA, and Architecture) in the development of digital solutions.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high priority tasks
- An effective decision-maker with the ability to mentor developers to achieve goals through clear instruction
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues
What you will need
- Working knowledge of Web, iOS and/or Android development and related frameworks
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset
- Experience with DevOps practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and technologies such as Jenkins is considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.