This full time opportunity offers a skilled professional the opportunity to design, develop, test, and support various applications within our IT Development group. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with various development environments, analyze current software solutions and make recommendations for creative solutions.
What you will do
- You will deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all business requirements
- Analyze client requests and recommend solutions and strategies to meet requirements, ensuring deadlines are met
- Create new innovative solutions challenging problems that facilitate the improvement of the production of lottery products
- Develop and support applications used by many internal and external clients
Who you are
- A highly skilled communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An individual who manages their time efficiently and can thrive in a busy environment with competing deadlines
- An effective problem solver with the ability to make decisions that provide workable solutions and resolve technical issues
- A team player that works well with others and can adapt to changing priorities
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or information systems, or engineering, or other related degree. Will consider candidates with a combination of experience and education that meet other requirements.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Java application development required
- 2 to 5 years of experience in database design and development recommended
- Proficient with Linux and windows server administration
- In depth knowledge of multiple programming languages; Java, C++, Scripting, XML
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and project management principles
- Experience with continuous integration and automation technologies such as Jenkins considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, working with projects from conception to implementation with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with users, working with projects from conception to implementation with minimal supervision
- Experience in supporting end users considered an asset
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills when gathering information and determining requirements
- Innovative problem-solver with ability to generate workable solutions
- Exemplary planning, prioritizing and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities and meet deadline
- Pollard Banknote experience would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.