We’re looking for a self-motivated and passionate individual to join the fast-paced environment as a Custodian with the Maintenance Team at Pollard Banknote.
In this role, you will be responsible for janitorial and custodial (housekeeping) services, building upkeep and minor maintenance for our two Winnipeg buildings.
We are currently looking to fill two full-time permanent positions for the night shift. The shift will be Sunday – Tuesday from 7:00 pm – 7:00 am.
What you will do
- Janitorial and custodial duties such as cleaning offices, washrooms and manufacturing areas, emptying garbage and recycling, dusting, cleaning, polishing and vacuuming floors, cleaning windows and glass doors, etc.
- Snow clearing from doorways as needed
- Identify and notify of any building maintenance, repairs or hazards ensuring a clean and safe working environment
- Minor maintenance and repair work
- Facility setup and take downs for company held events and meetings as needed
- Other duties as required
Who you are
- A team player, willing to receive direction while supporting high team morale
- Someone who takes pride in their work
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, leadership and internal customers
- A self-motivated individual who can work well autonomously as well as support other team members when required
- A resourceful problem-solver
- Able to adapt in a constantly changing environment, as well as able to adjust priorities quickly
What you will need
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in providing custodial and general facility maintenance would be considered an asset
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting, push/pull up to 50 lbs on a daily basis
- Reliable and responsible to work independently and be self-motivated to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment with knowledge of WHMIS and safe work procedures would be considered an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.